Tuesday, 30 April 2019
- The strength of strength
- The discipline of discipline
The integrity of integrity
True strength embraces accountability.
God’s strength within us is conditioned by His Word.
When strength is compromised, my ‘truth’ starts to lean toward defeating thoughts: “No one will know if I bend the rules slightly”, and even, “It’s OK that I gossip about that person“; and here’s a super-duper defeating thought, “I don’t care that I don’t care”.
- How tempered am I?
- Do I sleep on it, or do I leap on it?
- Do I hold myself accountable?
- Do I lie to hide the truth, or do I lie to save someone’s feelings?
- When I am cheated, disrespected or personally violated, do I find a positive way to express my hurt? Or, do I repress it and hope my hurt will go away in time?
- Do I discipline myself in areas of my emotions and actions, or am I ‘all over the place’?
- what compulsive behaviors do I lean towards?
Exercise for the day:
Challenge: Be strong: Tame your tongue – just like last week. If you can’t be nice, then keep it to yourself.
FYI: Tuesdays are always strong. How you speak to people will always be the focus in the daily exercise.
Strength heals Strength